Last Updated: June 10, 2020
1. Information You Give Us
We collect information you share with us when you use the Local Level Site.
• When you sign up for a Local Level Account, we require certain information such as your name, email address, and date of birth. We may also ask you to complete a profile, which may include your social profiles, state license number, address, and phone number. Certain parts of your profile (like your profile picture, first name, and description) are a part of your public profile page and will be publicly visible to others.
• When you create your Local Level account and authenticate with a third-party service (like Facebook or Google) we may collect, store, and periodically update Personal Identifiable Information associated with that third-party account, such as your name, email address, user ID, lists of friends or followers, and any information or content you have made public.
• When you communicate with Local Level or use the Local Level Site to communicate with other Users and Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
• Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your Local Level Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of the Local Level Site.
• To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identification or other authentication information.
• If you initiate a transaction through our Site or Services, we may collect and store information about you, such as your name, phone number, address, email, Billing and financial information such as your bank account or credit card information, as well as any other information you provide to us.
2. Information We Automatically Collect
When you use the Local Level Site, we collect information about the services you use and how you use them.
• We automatically collect log information when you use the Local Level Site, even if you have not created a Local Level Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Local Level Site (including links to third-party applications), demographic information, IP address, access times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information (e.g., crashes, browser type), and the page you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Local Level Site.
• We collect information related to your transactions on the Local Level Site, including the date and time, amounts charged, and other related transaction details.
• We collect information about your interactions with the Local Level Site, such as the pages or other content you view, your searches for Listings, and other actions on the Local Level Site.
3. Geolocation Information
5. Third-Party Advertising and Analytics
The Local Level Site may contain links to third party websites or services. We are not responsible for any content that appears on these sites, nor do we endorse them. Third parties may display advertisements on the Service and on such websites. These advertisements may contain cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies.
These third parties may collect information or insert cookies or similar technologies without our knowledge. For questions about these sites, please consult their individual privacy policies. Local Level is not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third party.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, third-party cookies, web beacons, or other tracking technologies, which are covered by such third parties’ privacy policies. For more information, we encourage you to check the privacy policies of these third parties to learn about their privacy practices. For more information about targeted advertising specifically, please visit http:// www.aboutads.info/choices.
6. How We Use Information We Collect
We use, store, and process information about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop the Local Level Site, and to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment.
• Enable you to access and use the Local Level Site.
• Enable you to communicate with other Users and Members.
• Resolve any disputes with any of our users and enforce our agreements with
• Newsletters to inform you of new products or services
• Enforce our Terms of Service, Member Terms, and other policies.
• Operate, protect, improve and optimize the Local Level Site and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
• Conduct investigations and risk assessments.
• Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you.
• Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
• Comply with our legal obligations.
• Personalize or otherwise customize your experience by, among other things, ranking search results or showing ads based on your search, and preferences.
• Send you service or support messages, such as updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
• Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
7. Third-Party Email Promotions
Subject to your marketing preferences, occasionally, you may receive from us emails that may contain advertising or other content that was sponsored by third-party retailers or businesses. These emails are not necessarily reflective of the opinions of our editorial staff. They are content paid for by our sponsors, and allow us to provide you with the free content we believe you will enjoy.
8. How to Opt Out
You can unsubscribe from receiving Local Level newsletters or commercial emails at any time. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of any Local Level email and following the instructions. But note that you may continue to receive certain communications from us, such as transactional or relationship
messages, and/or messages about your account/profile. In order to cancel your account, please email [email protected]
9. Sharing & Disclosure
Local Level lets you publish information that is visible to the general public. For example:
• Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name, your description, and city, are publicly visible to others.
• Public Listing pages are publicly visible and include information such as the approximate location, Listing description, menus, brands, photos, videos, rating and reviews, events, products, and any additional information the Member chooses to share.
• If you submit content in a public forum or social media post or use a similar feature on the Local Level Site, that content is publicly visible.
The information you share publicly on the Local Level Site may be indexed through third party search engines. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated information.
10. Investigations and Compliance with Law
Local Level may investigate and disclose your information to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Local Level, (ii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iii) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service or other agreements with Members, (iv) for fraud investigation and prevention, risk assessment, customer support, product development and debugging purposes, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Local Level, its employees, its Members, or members of the public.
11. Business Transfers
12. Aggregated Data
We may also share aggregated information with third parties, such as advertisers and third-party businesses for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
13. Access and Update
You may review, update, or delete the information in your Local Level Account by logging into your Local Level Account and reviewing your Account settings and profile. Some of your data may live on our servers and databases after account deletion.
14. Account Cancellation
For information on how to cancel your Local Level Account, visit www.airbnb.com/ help. Note that information that you have shared with others (like Reviews or forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the Local Level Site in association with your first name, even after your Local Level Account is canceled.
15. Your California Privacy Rights: Notice to California Customers
Subject to certain limits under California Civil Code § 1798.83, if you are a California resident, you may ask us to provide you with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (ii) the identity of third parties that received personal information from us for their direct marketing purposes during that calendar year. The list will not be specific to disclosures your particular personal information. To make such request, send us an email at [email protected] indicating “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject of your email, your name, and complete mailing address. We are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly or do not have complete information. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
16. Children’s Privacy
Our websites and applications are not directed to children under 18 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information directly from children under 18. If you believe that we processing the personal information pertaining to a child inappropriately, we take this very seriously and If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe that we have collected personally identifiable information from your child under the age of 18, please email us at [email protected], and we will take steps to delete such information as soon as possible.
The Internet is not a 100% secure environment so we can’t guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of your information. However, we take precaution to maintain the administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration, misuse, disclosure or modification of personal information.
Email: [email protected]